Tuesday, August 9, 2016

go daddy!

Well I got the SQLitening server running on Godaddy, but I can't connect to it. I've opened the port through the firewall (even turned the firewall off for one test, but no good. I gave this info to the author of SQLitening so perhaps something will come of that.)

I find that outside of it's canned offerings, Godaddy doesn't provide any way to publish a web page from the unmanaged server service they sell. I found a program called tinyweb that should suit me but haven't got it working on the server yet (it works fine on my machine... why all the damned issues?)

It's possible I will go the cookie cutter route for my web page. It doesn't have to go on the server I'm paying for, for that purpose. But none of that matters if I can't get SQLitening functioning completely.

Sometimes you just have to walk away from an issue for a bit.

No comments: