Thursday, October 11, 2012

VP debate

Before I read what others have to say...

Biden started out looking goofy and ended up looking mad. My 70 yo parents don't watch debates, but they did these last two. They lean democrat but not this year. When it comes to health care mom said, "Biden is lying through his teeth that seniors aren't seeing cuts."

Ryan did ok, especially his summation. I wish he had pointed out that GM will probably end up going through bankruptcy after all but it may have been better to handle it the way he did.

I was surprised at how well Martha moderated. She did a good job. She did seem to try to get Ryan on the abortion issue but not as much as a devoted lefty might have.

Update: Sometimes you don't see because you expect to see it. Martha did interrupt Ryan a lot as he was getting to make a point. I kept seeing it as the moderator keeping time, but you could see it as being a way to control the message. Biden kept interrupting to ask for equal time to the point of being annoying. This is probably why I think Ryan could have done better. I know he had some devastating points to make that didn't get out.

Update2: This certainly fits...

Proverbs 29:9 When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, The foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest. #VPdebate

Transcript. Biden's lies. Martha Raddatz.

No comments: